Winlog for Linux

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
Lawson
New user

Winlog for Linux

Post by Lawson »

Hi Colin,

Any possiblity for a Winlog that runs on Linux?

N5ATT
VK6CJL
New user

Winlog for Linux

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi
I did ask this one in 2004
you could try M3PHP suggestion and try that
I never did get around to trying it
If it works let us know
Warmest wishes Les VK6CJL

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
VK6CJL
Advanced Member

Australia
54 Posts Posted - 15/08/2004 : 10:31:04 AM Show Profile Email Poster Edit Message Reply with Quote Hi All,
Is Winlog32 compatable with Linux???
The reason I'm asking is because I'm considering getting away from
Windows XP Pro and having a safer computer.
Any ideas or comments will be of great help.
I do not want to leave Winlog32 as I've been using this program
since it's conception and before that Super Winlog, both programs
are "EXCELLENT"
Warmest Wishes Les VK6CJL

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

United Kingdom
779 Posts Posted - 17/08/2004 : 11:10:18 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote Hello Les

Sorry but I can not advise you on Linux as I have no experience of this platform, unless it has a serious MS Windows emulator I can not see any way that Winlog32 will run - even if there is an emulator then you are back to square one?.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 AuthorGo to Top of Page
M3PHP

United Kingdom
17 Posts Posted - 20/08/2004 : 6:47:53 PM Show Profile Email Poster Send M3PHP an ICQ Message Send M3PHP a Yahoo! Message Send M3PHP an instant message Reply with Quote Hi,

Have not tried this myself but perhaps Winlog32 will run under the Wine http://www.winehq.com

73 Peter, M3PHP

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
pa0mjm

Winlog for Linux

Post by pa0mjm »

For me, I should like a Linux version of Winlog32 too. I have used Unbuntu for a while but stopped this experiment for lack of complete and functional HAM software. I'm a HAM and not a software developer. (Sry, Colin :-) )
But the experience was great. Running fast on small machines and smooth intalls. etc. And in Linux different programs can access the same port (to your rig, for instance)

I tired to run Winlog32 on WINE but that was a deception. The program started, and nothing more than that. Every action taken led to a program halt. A pity.

73, Martin, PA0MJM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog for Linux

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

Sorry I can not help further, unless Winlog32 will run under a MS Windows emulator, which I very much doubt due the complexity, there is no possibility of developing for Linux, even if the motivation and time was there - it would require me leaning a new operating system AND a new programming language so would be virtually starting all over again -a daunting task!

Winlog32 was from the beginning specifically developed for the MS Windows environment and it has taken me 15 years to bring Winlog32 to the present state, so as much as I like to try and please everyone - I will have to dissapoint on this occasion, sorry guys.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pa0mjm

Winlog for Linux

Post by pa0mjm »

tnx fer answer, Collin. I see your point.

Martin, PA0MJM