DXCluster DXCC Alarms

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DXCluster DXCC Alarms

Post by G0CUZ »

I am in the process of revamping the DXCluster display

To indicate if a DXCC has been worked but not confirmed - this will be an optional display, at the moment I have this working on the test machine but I am still undecided on how to arrange the colour display so that it doesn't get too confusing, at the moment I have Worked/Not Confirmed with Dark Red text so that it is not too distracting from the usually more interesting RED (Band/Mode) alert!

Included in the new routines will be another indicator (not optional) for a "all time new one" this will be in addition to the indicated Band/Mode new DXCC, for this I will change the background colour of the row - to make it quite obvious difference.

I will also be including in this new process display - will indicate if a spot is not valid e.g. not able to parse DXCC country from the Callsign or other problem where the DXCC not found.

I really do want to finalise the display before release because I do not want to change things around afterwards and annoy even more people.

If you anyone who regularily uses the DXCluster DXCC 'alarms' display and makes good use of it then it will be YOU who will notice the changes, I would appreciate if you are up for testing the new routines if so please email me direct.

I welcome any discussion on this subject on the Forum

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
OZ2HT
New user

DXCluster DXCC Alarms

Post by OZ2HT »

Hi Colin,
That sounds great ... I use the DXCC alarm ( no sound ) , and there is not that many RED anymore :-) , but there is still some NOT CONFIRMED , so it will be great to spot that right away , without "DXCC Base" checking !!
I really look forward to that update !

Vy 73 de jorn
F5JSD
New user

DXCluster DXCC Alarms

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Colin,

This sounds like a great enhancement to the program.
I also use the alarms with no sound. The color selection you chose sounds OK to me.

Available for beta testing if needed.

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

DXCluster DXCC Alarms

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

I am also using the DXCC alert without sound. It will be very helpful to get some more information in the cluster window using different colours.
I am also available as beta tester if needed.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G3ZQH
New user

DXCluster DXCC Alarms

Post by G3ZQH »

Hi Colin

Also happy to help with this. I've never really managed to get the DXCC alarm/colour system working properly (apart from IOTA which works well). So, very interested in any improvements you have in mind.

73, Dave
G3ZQH