More on label printing

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
F5JSD
New user

More on label printing

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Colin,

I started using the nice label printing functionality and am glad by the dozens of manual QSL filling hours I am saving !

I know that printers is someting VERYdifficult to accurately manage, so please ignore my request if it is not manageable in a way that would work 100% for all users.

a.. Is it possible to add a feature allowing printing of the Station callsign or the Manager callsign in BOLD or larger font?

b.. The label printing module allows today to select where to start printing in the page by left clicking the first label.

I configured my page of labels correctly, by I cannot print on the last line of labels and loose 4 labels per page. I guess this is due to a limitation of my printer which does not have enough paper to "grip" the page at the very bottom.

A way to re-use these lost labels is to turn the page 180° to bring them to top and print new QSO. But to do this it is necessary that no more than 4 labels (in my case) are printed otherwise WL32 is printing in locations where lo labels are present.

Cutting a long story short, is it possible to add a feature allowing to select the first (already implemented) and last labels where WL32 is allowed to print?

Thanks in advance for considering this.

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
G0CUZ
Site Admin

More on label printing

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Pascal

I have been thinking on this, have you tried adjusting the sheet size in Winlog32 Prin Label options, it is possible to enter a custom size for the sheet dimention, try reducing the 'height' which for A4 is set to default 297mm try reducing this a few mm's -say 295mm, as you say some printers will throw an error when instructed to print next to or over the margin - this on it's own will not do anything so you must reduce the size of the label or other top margin so that they will still visually fit on the sheet (when viewed in the Print label display).

As for 'Bold' for Callsign - I will have a look at this and see if i can add it.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
F5JSD
New user

More on label printing

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Colin,

Sorry, I have been slow replying to this.
I used you hint to make a dirty fix to my problem.

My page is A4 with 8 lines / 3 rows of labels and no borders (hence the problem). I keep printing as I normally do (i.e. declare 7 lines in WL32 and "loose" 3 labels on every page).

Then when I have enough pages with only 3 labels remaining, I temporarily change the setting in WL32 to declare a page format where only 3 labels on top can be printed. When job is done, I reset to normal page setting.

Dirty but it works!

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
G0CUZ
Site Admin

More on label printing

Post by G0CUZ »

Dirty is GOOD!

good solution Pascal

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

More on label printing

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Pascal

Now I have a beta test file with some changes to QSL Label Printing also I have made some changes to the DXCluster display as you read elsewhere.

Please email me and I will send beta test file.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author