About CLOC tool

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
F5JSD
New user

About CLOC tool

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Colin,

Just a though about the CLOC calculator tool. Would it be possible to include a box where you enter a locator you hear on the air and it just calculates beam heading and distance from your home QTH?

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
G0CUZ
Site Admin

About CLOC tool

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Pascal

Thanks for the suggestion, I think it may be possible but I think this information would normally be taken care of using the Search Locator mini-window - with the added advantage that you can check the Worked/Confirmed status of that locator too.

Incidentally, in the Grid Locator database - it is possible to click on a grid square and get distance in km - this works on both fields and grids, I have found this quite useful when looking for QSO possibilities (MS/ES) at extreme distance with the 2250km rule = zero elevation to E-layer.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
F5JSD
New user

About CLOC tool

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Colin,

>I think it may be possible but I think this information would normally be taken care of using the Search Locator mini-window

This window is doing exactly what I want :-) don't even need to open a new window. I should really think reading the documentation one of these days...

73 de Pascal - F5JSD