Winkey Settings Saved

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
K4FX
New user

Winkey Settings Saved

Post by K4FX »

Dear Colin

I have found that the memory's on Winkey are something the user is constantly changing and making better, at least I am,

I have found that for some reason, the changes don't always seem to "stick" now on a couple of occasions I was messing with something else and locked up the machine and had to hit the re-set button. Upon restarting Winlog, I have found my chnages to be gone. If I exit and re-enter it seems to save them, but then I lose my list of DX on the Cluster, if there was a way to put a save button on there it would be great.

I have tried simply closing Winkey and re-starting it, but that doesn't seem to do it.

73 and best regards.

Bill K4FX
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winkey Settings Saved

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bill

Your findings are correct, Winkey saves current settings when you shut down Winkey, this is normal behaviour in most areas throughout Winlog32. All major settings are saved when shutting down completely.
I could do like you requested with a 'save' button on the winkey window, but do you really think you would use it just before you lock-up? "sods law" says not in my experience!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
K4FX
New user

Winkey Settings Saved

Post by K4FX »

No I probably wouldn't before a lock up :-)

But I assure you I would click save after every major change in my memories. But you know maybe a save button on the main tool bar for the entire program wouldn't be a bad idea???

I just about have the Winkey mems like I want them now. What I've been doing is shutting it down and restarting it anytime major changes are made.

I will say this, that was a lucky fellow who won your Winkey, and very generous on your part. Any CW op without a Winkey has no idea the ease of operation he's missing out on! Love mine!

Bill

quote:
Hi Bill

Your findings are correct, Winkey saves current settings when you shut down Winkey, this is normal behaviour in most areas throughout Winlog32. All major settings are saved when shutting down completely.
I could do like you requested with a 'save' button on the winkey window, but do you really think you would use it just before you lock-up? "sods law" says not in my experience!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winkey Settings Saved

Post by G0CUZ »

Anyway, Bill I have added a 'save' option on the Winkey window for next version - see how I look after you?

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author