WLNet

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
VK6CJL
New user

WLNet

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi Colin,
Is there any way we can keep the the WLNet cluster box on without loosing it when you go onto the the main log ( Or click on any part of Winlog32).
I for one use that part for ann/full and also /t but the show talks and all talks in the DX cluster seems to hve problems once you are in it I cannot seem to get out of it without disabling show talk/or all talks then closing Winlog down and then restarting.

Another thing is would it be possible to have in the show options in the cluster
instead of show vhf would it be possible to have a seperate one for 6mtrs ?
I know this might open a whole can of worms for 2 mtrs etc but could there be an option for this ??
Looking forward to the next update

Got the double click to disable it but can't seem to be able to do ann/full.

Would it be possible to have an option to keep the WLNet cluster box on without loosing it when you go onto the the main log etc ????

Is it not possible to set the output from the actual DXcluster to filter bands?

It is possible but the different clusters I use the options are a bit limited
without having to download and print the user manual( The ink is not getting any cheaper HI)
73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.

Edited by - vk6cjl on 15/05/2007 10:33:01 AM
K4FX
New user

WLNet

Post by K4FX »

Also on the WLnet

Would there anyway to make the program sense when an active connection is lost and have a pop-up let you know, I don't think it's ever said it was disconnected and it disconnects sometimes more than others, (at no fault of winlog I know)but it always says it's connected, it would be nice to know even when not actively operating, to have current DX data.

Bill K4FX
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WLNet

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Les and Bill
Thanks for suggestions.

Les, regarding Talk/Ann window, get rid of it by double-clicking it, it'll pop again when next Ann comes up, I made a small improvement to it upon request so that most the recent is always showing in the list.

WLNet was only intended to feed the DXcluster window in Winlog32, although it will be possible to make it 'stay on top', I guess this will not please everyone, but if there is positive enough input on this subject then I will do it.

Can of worms, hmmm, that sounds about right, "Why 6m so special, why not every band an option", do I hear it already? yea, I use 6m too, but not sure about excluding other stuff, spots from 10m is a useful indicator of ES and F2, I use 2m also and need both, perhaps it's differnt down under though, anyway like before lets see what input this has.

Is it not possible to set the output from the actual DXcluster to filter bands?

Bill, regarding the 'lost connection' yes I know this could be a problem, the only way to tell if a connection is lost is to poll the provider every so often - as far as I know most cluster software does not directly cater for polling lost connections but I'll look into it, must say that my connection is very reliable so it has never been a problem for me perosnally.
During software testing and when having two unintentional simultaneous connections, one connection usually gets dropped (rightly so) but this would make it a bit awkward - guess the auto-reconnect could be an option though.

P.S. Bill, I will be replying to your interesting (as always) email shortly, thanks for the nice coments and support, it's a joy to work with you guys!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g6fop
New user

WLNet

Post by g6fop »

Hi Colin

I am fortunate to have two displays on my PC, is there any way of dragging the Cluster dialog on to the other screen?

Kevin G6FOP

Kevin
G6FOP
73 es GDX
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WLNet

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Kevin

The DXCluster window is in the Winlog32 container window, this means that when you minimise WL32 so does the DXCluster window et.al.

To have the DXCluster window in it's own 'container' window is possible, this is a programming issue but unfortunately I can not make it optional at run-time, so it must be one way or the another - each having it's own advantages and disadvantages.
Lets see if there is any other input on this....

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author