New Column Titles in Logs

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
kr4ey
New user

Post by kr4ey »

Hello
I just installed Winlog32. Very nice program. I have noticed on thing that I think should be changed. The User column should be changed to Country
because that is were all the input for the Countries go. Or there should be a place to enter a new column in the Database. Anyway just a suggestion. Thank you Colin for such a wonderful program.

Rick KR4EY

Edited by - kr4ey on 16/07/2006 8:59:42 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your interest and comments on Winlog32.

The 'User' field was added to accomodate many requests for 'interests' not supported by the other fields, it is not essentially a 'Country' field although it can be used for such if required, itt can be used for many purposes - commonly Name and QTH, this field is also 'smart' enabled when using various 'User' database lookups and updating for award chasing.

If you are new to Winlog32 - your will see if fundementally differs from many log programs in the deliberately limited number of fields available - using the 'Remarks' field for 'smart' checking of any particular 'award' or 'chasing' interest (or whatever else).

Although this limitation (if it ideed is?) will not suit everybody, the consequential uncluttered layout usualy does! There is no present intention to increase the number of fields in Winlog32, the Log database is forward/backward compatible over the last 8 years and I wish it to stay so.

Once you are used to the operation of the software, I think you will see the benefits, I hope you continue to enjoy using it.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author