Jump to freq from cluster/CAT control

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
M0PCB Iain
New user

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Hi,

I just noticed that when I click on a spot in the cluseter window and it takes me to that frequency on the rig it doesn't allow for my cw filter. So if I go to a cw frequency I then have to set the filter on myself. This in itself is not such a huge problem, but wondered if it was intentional or not?

Using an Icom 706Mk2G, not sure if it's just me doing something dodgy or not, but thought it was probably worth asking here :)

Cheers,

Iain PCB

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Iain

No, there is no CW filter switching in any of the RCW interfaces, so you will get this problem
I guess it will always default to the wide setting, which in it self is probaly a good thing as the cluster frequencies are not always too accurate anyway.
Had I a narrow filter on my '706 then maybe I would have played around with this for the Icom range, but I don't!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
M0PCB Iain
New user

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Ok Colin,

Thanks for the reply. You make a good point about cluster frequencies. I would ahve thought that filter control in the rig control windows (for those that support it) would be a nice addition at some point if time permits, but obviously it's easy to work around it... :-)

Cheers,

Iain

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ