VE7CC Telnet

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
W4WHW
New user

VE7CC Telnet

Post by W4WHW »

Hello Colin, Have you given any thought to adding support for VE7CCs AR User program (www.ve7cc.net) to Winlog32? It appears to have many nice features including support for both AR Cluster and DX Spider. It can also accept either a telnet or DDE logging program interface (..similar to what I beleive you are already using with WLNET.) Cheers & 73 Bill W4WHW
K9GS
New user

VE7CC Telnet

Post by K9GS »

quote:
Hello Colin, Have you given any thought to adding support for VE7CCs AR User program (www.ve7cc.net) to Winlog32? It appears to have many nice features including support for both AR Cluster and DX Spider. It can also accept either a telnet or DDE logging program interface (..similar to what I beleive you are already using with WLNET.) Cheers & 73 Bill W4WHW

I am a new Winlog32 user and in searching through the forums wondered the same thing....Any thoughts of VE7CC AR User DDE support?

Gary K9GS
G0CUZ
Site Admin

VE7CC Telnet

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gary and Bill

Thanks for the interest.

I had not considered the DDE link in this respect - i9n facvt I am trying to get away from the host program - preferring to develop Winlog32 wwhere the shortcomings are, but regards VE7CC cluster - I am not sure of the advantage of adding this link.

I see that the VE7CC software is a dedicated cluster program and I'm sure it has many features that are not available in Winlog32, but I need to know the data as to how it can be used in Winlog32 to an advantage for logging and tracking?

As you are probably aware Winlog32 has a built-in Telnet facility for internet clusters (WLNET) and I have tried to expand the DXCluster alarms as far as I can within the Winlog32 framework.

Anyway I will leave this topic open for discussion for guys including yourselves here on the Forum.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
GU6EFB
Keen user

VE7CC Telnet

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi All

I use VE7CC AR program here with Winlog32 I am not sure what you are trying to achieve?

Set AR user to allow connection and then configure a new telnet connection in winlog32 to connect to AR user
I then use the AR user window to display spots then I just minimize the winlog32 cluster window I use the band map window so just clicking on a call puts it in the log entry window.

Hope this makes sense

73 and Happy New Year to all

Keith GU6EFB
K9GS
New user

VE7CC Telnet

Post by K9GS »

quote:
Hi All

I use VE7CC AR program here with Winlog32 I am not sure what you are trying to achieve?

Set AR user to allow connection and then configure a new telnet connection in winlog32 to connect to AR user
I then use the AR user window to display spots then I just minimize the winlog32 cluster window I use the band map window so just clicking on a call puts it in the log entry window.

Hope this makes sense

73 and Happy New Year to all

Keith GU6EFB

Hello Keith and Colin,

I finally figured this out. I'm sort of computer literate...it's just certain aspects I'm not familiar with.

The reason for wanting to use AR User as the "front-end" for the internet Telnet interface is that AR User allows one to pretty easily set custom user profiles tailored to whatever cluster node one connects to...in my case an AR Cluster node. It also handles all of the Cluster filtering functions, etc.

All that I had to do was enable "telnet" in AR Cluster (Configuration - Ports/Logging Program - Check the Telnet Box - Apply)

Then all I had to do was add the AR User IP address that was just set-up (127.0.0.1 port 7300), following Colin's Internet Cluster Setup instructions and connect.

It works GREAT!

Thanks for screwing my head on straight :))

73 and Happy New Year,

-Gary K9GS