dupe checker

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
GM0NTL
New user

dupe checker

Post by GM0NTL »

Hi guys,
Does anyone else have the need for a dupe checker in Winlog32. For some reason I've got loads after various log imports.
73Ron GM0NTL
G0CUZ
Site Admin

dupe checker

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Ron

Later versions of Winlog32 has dupe checking on import QSO's with ADIF, checking each against the QSO's already in the log.

This does not help much if the dupes are already in the log though.

The duplicate checking is optional as it increases the import time considerably.

I'll consider adding a facility to check through existing logs in Winlog32 for duplicates and making a remedy if there is sufficiant interest (I think it'll be a fair bit of work!)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
GM0NTL
New user

dupe checker

Post by GM0NTL »

Hi Colin,
Thanks for considering my request. Obviously all my imports were done before the dupe facility you mentioned. I'll keep fingers crossed just in case.

Ron GM0NTL
G0CUZ
Site Admin

dupe checker

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Ron

I have given this further thought and have decided that I will add this feature to next release, I have started work on it and i do consider it a useful tool that may be of use to many who are faced with duplicate entries.
LATEST: job finsihed, if you would like a test file for testing this option then email me directly and i'll send it via attachment.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
2e0gmx
New user

dupe checker

Post by 2e0gmx »

I just posted in "HELP" on this earlier.
I managed to screw up an import and duplicated almost every qso in my log as I imported from laptop to desktop.
Was just about to invest in a usb floppy drive for the laptop but I will wait for the next version & sort it then.

This feature will definatley be worth a contribution to your work Colin.
Mine will be in the post.

Cheers