Longer remarks, and award suggestions

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
rhw2
New user

Longer remarks, and award suggestions

Post by rhw2 »

Hi Colin.

Various suggestions...
Would it be possible to increase the maximum length of the "Remarks" field? I have several entries in my log where I need more space than is currently available. Alternatively, add a separate "Awards" field for one to put awards-specific details in, although this would require some sort of intelligence to deal with existing databases. If this latter option is taken, then probably the simplest option would be to rename the existing "Remarks" field as "Awards" and create a new "Remarks" field.

Would it be possible to add user-defined awards to be tracked? Most awards that I'm thinking of work on the basis of one collecting club membership numbers, and the way I would see this working is for each user-defined award to have a keyword attached to it, and an entry would be added to the relevant user awards list if the relevant club membership number was not already found in the list.

With relation to the above item, there are several fairly well-known awards that I track which would fall in this category, in particular, the RAFARS, RNARS and BYLARA awards, which all work on this basis. Some other awards work on the basis of collecting UK postcodes, and such could be treated in the same way, with the postcode as the "membership number".

Most awards do not accept contacts made via repeaters, and my logbook includes many such contacts. Would it be possible to have a section for stating repeater channels and have the awards section ignore any contacts on suchlike frequencies?
Best wishes from Riley.
---
* Nothing as pretty as a smile, nothing as ugly as a frown.