Coloured log entry boxes!!

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
Burrell
New user

Post by Burrell »

Hi Colin,
Having changed from a previous computer logging system to "Winlog" and after using it for a few months, I am so pleased that I "bit the bullet" and changed over. I have used it in "contest" mode and for normal logging and find it performs very well.
There is just one small modification that would improve its use for me. I would find it a great help if the "active" box in the log entry window, could be coloured (say a pale colour), so that it is very obvious just where you are in making the next entry---I know that you have made the writing down the LHS change colour as you "Tab" through, but I work mainly CW (95%), and find at times that, juggling with the RX controls, making notes and trying to fill in the log as I go, can mean that I often am not sure at a glance just which box I am at, in the log input section.
I did write to you on this topic some time ago and you mentioned that you would try to have a look at it-----but as you clearly are just about to do some more work on the programme, I hope you will not mind me reminding you again
HNY 73
Ted G3LPU
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Ted

Thanks for reminding me, yes this is something i had definately planned to do, and it will go near the top of the list, I do remember you mentioning it before.

I am currently working on a 'Winkey' interface for Winlog32, thats the brand new 'pic' keyer device from K1EL, this is an integrated hardware/software keyer and initial tests are looking very interesting indeed.

I am looking for comments from experienced CW operators in what they would like to have on such an interface, although I do not want to expand the contest feature too much.

Anyone who wants to find out more about 'Winkey', which will be available as a kit, can look it up on...........
http://www.k1el.com

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

In addition to above message - I have now added coloured 'active' input boxes to v2, In addition I have made it so that the user can select any colour - including custom colours for this purpose, of course you can also leave as-is with white background.
I would recommend that you use a pale colour is used though as any strong colour may mask the text input to some extent.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Burrell
New user

Post by Burrell »

Hi Colin
Great news, thanks for looking at and adopting the proposal, I look forward to d/l version 2
Ted G3LPU