new color in dx cluster

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
f5ajg
New user

new color in dx cluster

Post by f5ajg »

hello colin
in the dxcluster window it may be possible to have a new color between dx worked and comfirmed by band

73 de F5AJG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

new color in dx cluster

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

I think it would be possible to add a differnt worked/confirmed colour to the DXCluster spotting, but Band/Mode poses a bigger problem, as there is no exact indication from the DXcluster regarding modes.

Modes can only be assumed by the actual frequency entered with 'spots' e.g. CW section/Phone section of each band, not much problem with CW/SSB but sorting out the digital modes would be a real headache, VHF too has mixed mode in the phone section, all in all I think it will cause more confusion to have incorrect indications of Band/Mode/Worked from Winlog32 than to have non at all.

Having said that I am certinly happy to go along with the majority's wishes on this subject.....

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DK1MAX
New user

new color in dx cluster

Post by DK1MAX »

Hi Colin,

I think it's not this big problem to decide weather a spot is digi/ssb/cw. For SSB/CW simply take a valid bandplan, for digi-modes scan for key-words like "rtty", "fsk", "psk",... . Using frequency info to say if it's digi or something else results in a desaster when you get a thousand of contest spots from big contests, like CQWW CW.
I'm using the RXCLUS software from HB9BZA for digi-mode alerts and it's ok with key-words.

HNY and good DX!

73, Max. DK1MAX.