Advanced Log Robot

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
M3JCS
New user

Advanced Log Robot

Post by M3JCS »

Hi, Is it possible to add to the log check robot and make it add IOTA, WAZ, WAB, ect. This Is Mainly Because When I Go On The Radio I Get Something Like 20 - 30 Contacts And It Is daunting going through the click on database, add to the comments, ect.

Hope You Can Help, I'm Looking Forward To 1.9! ;D

73s
M3JCS :-D
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Advanced Log Robot

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Thanks for the comments.

I am not sure if I understand correctly, but I assume that you are aware that Winlog32 adds IOTA, WAZ to the databases at logging time more or less automatically.
The robot will also add these to the databases entirely automatically at a later date if that is preferered.
If you are referring to the log itself then there is not any sure way to add IOTA and WAB etc. to the Log automatically, the IOTA/WAB can not reliably determined from the Callsign.
WAZ can be added to the log however, as an optional function (Menu/Options/Auto-add).

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
ZL3GA
New user

Advanced Log Robot

Post by ZL3GA »

Hi,
The Robot already does what I think you are asking. I use it all the time for this after contests. I import the contest log (500 or so QSO's from the contest logger, SD) in ADIF format reload the log and then run the Robot over the new log entries, Make sure you check the "Auto" box and all the paramteres you want checked, DXCC, IOTA, WAZ, WAB. Then click "Start", sit back witha coffe and watch it work. The little green light flashes when you get a "new one" added to the Database.

As Colin mentioned, if you have the Databases you are interested in set up for "Auto-Add", provided you give Winlog the correct info when you log the contact, it'll happen on the fly.

Good luck and 73 de Geoff ZL3GA
rhw2
New user

Advanced Log Robot

Post by rhw2 »

Not sure whether this will help, but as far as WAB is concerned, if the contact doesn't know his/her Maidenhead or WAB square, but you can get postcode and house number from them, then http://www.streetmap.co.uk can be used to turn that into Lat/Long and OS grid ref. WinLog includes a program to convert the former into Maidenhead, and the WAB can be determined by taking the first three plus the sixth characters of the OS grid reference.

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG

G7GOD / KB8PPG