Graph - representing true QSOs

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
g0pot
New user

Post by g0pot »

If I record calling CQ but didn't subsequently make a contact the graph feature still counts the entry as a QSO.
Sometimes when I enter a QSO without a report I am asked if this is an actual QSO (or something to that effect). I'm not sure what the effect of answering yes or no to this question is but perhaps this prevents the QSO being included in the graph count. However, I am only asked this infrequently and not every time I make a log entry without RST reports.
The bottom line is, it would be useful to ignore CQ calls when representing the number of QSOs on the graph.

Best regards,
Michael
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Michael

Thanks for the comments.

You are correct about the QSO/month Graph, it does also show CQ calls but unless you make a high CQ/QSO ratio it would not make a large difference as the graph is intended to reflect activity.
The Truth is I rarely record (or make) CQ calls myself and I know that this is the case with many others (yes I know about the license regs. here in the U.K.) so it's something I never considered, it should be easy to correct and I will look into this.
As for RptIn/Out, in strict terms it is not a QSO unless reports have been exchanged and recorded - at least for DXCC and most other award purposes so the software checks this before updating any of the ancillary (DXCC etc)databases, so that is why you are asked about it if there are no reports entered before updating the ancillary databases.
If the log is not going to update the databases then you are not asked about the missing reports - it doesn't care! and it is presumed that you know that reports have not been entered into the log, this allows those who are not interested in entering reports (e.g. regular 'telephone' QSO's).
The "Log Check Robot" also has an option "Ignore zero reports" which has the same purpose.
I hope this clears it up.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author