Rig interface update - ideas?

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
g4aon
New user

Post by g4aon »

Colin

just wondering what your current thoughts are with regard to Winlog and rig interfacing? You suggested some work might be done in that area.

Dave, G4AON
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Dave

I have done some work with the TRX-Manager interface, but after polling users, most are of the opinion theat TRX-manager is a bit of an over-kill as far as what is required and especially at the price factor of this commercial software, I must admit that I agree! So for now I have shelved this particular idea.
Several guys have come forward with suggestions and offers of help with testing etc., if i program in my own interface and this is welcomed but as always it is finding time to do all these things...

I am very interested to hear what others think on this topic?

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
M0PCB Iain
New user

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Hi,
I am new to the forum as well as WinLog.
I'll take this opportunity to congratulate you Colin for the great software. I have just taken the plunge into a computer log and found WinLog32 to be better than the others I have tried... As I said I am new to this stuff but the idea of some rig control features does sound good. By this I mean things like freq. mode, maybe power taken from rig. This woul dmake life a bit easier.

I do understand the lack of time 'cos I am studying A' Levels at the moment and don't have much time for anything else...

I look forward to further developments with WinLog...

All the best,

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
M0PCB Iain
New user

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Hi again,
I don't know if it makes any difference to the discussion but I wonder if rig control is general or not. I seem to remember that log-eqf has loads of seperate files. I don't really know much about this so I don't now how difficult it is to interface the rig with the software. I also have no real experience in programming...

BTW I am running a 746 here with the rs-746 leads. Well not actually running it yet but have got it. Am sorting out sdome more com ports on the new shack pc...

Regards

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ