Im still in trouble

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
g4rra
New user

Im still in trouble

Post by g4rra »

I still cant work it out.It seems that the ancillary databases are not full with the imported information,even though the log book is.Im now debating if I should just scrap the current copy and download another copy to see if this is the problem.
All my logs are also still on VQlog so Im not bothered about loosing any imported information,but before I do this has anyone got any better ideas?
Ive run the log check robot,but I still find the ancillary databases empty.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Im still in trouble

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Paul

Can't think of any real reason for the problem mentioned....but

I presume that you can open the various ancillary databases, and they show empty...

Menu/Database/DXCC/auto-update 'enabled' and all databases of interest should also have auto-update enabled

For Locators (Grids) these need to be the first thing entered into the 'Remarks' field in the Log, normally the ADIF import routine will place them there anyway but check that this is so.

Nothing should be before the Locator in the Remarks field, a typical entry in 'Remarks' would be "IO90 IOTA EU-005" which the robot will find and update for IO90 (VHF database) and the IOTA EU-005 (IOTA database) as well.

For DXCC should not be any problem at all, remember in all multiband/mode database such as DXCC only the FIRST QSO found Entity/Band/Mode is entered into the DXCC database, subsequent QSO with same Entity/Band/Mode are ignored.

Minimum requirements for the Log and update functions to ancillary databases is Callsign, Date, Frequecy Band, Mode plus optionally Reports in/out

Set Log to the END by clicking on END button

Open Log Check Robot.

Enable the Databases you want updating in the robot e.g. DXCC, IOTA, VHF

Start the Robot

As the Robot cycles through the log it should immediately prompt to update this and that database, if this is the case then all is OK, if the Robot is not prompting then is the 'auto' update enabled? (no prompts but still updating in background)

If here are NO prompts from the robot - it just cycles through the Log without doing anything then possible causes are:

Prefix database not enabled Menu/Database/Prefix - enable auto-check - although this affects DXCC and WAZ only

No RS(T) entered entered into ReportIn/ReportOut and 'Ignore empty report' not enabled. e.g. expects a report sent and received for a complete QSO.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author