Does Not Work!

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
mcelmer1
New user

Does Not Work!

Post by mcelmer1 »

This program simply does not work as advertised and their is no support from anyone. For example, only two and two QSOs only will log; I still cannot get the "END TIME" to function.

W8TRN
GU6EFB
Keen user

Does Not Work!

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi W8TRN

Sorry you are haveing problems.

Fistly support for this software is excellent from both the user group and the author.

Please answer these question and lets see if we can help you.

What operating system are you using?

What version of winlog32 are you using?

Please be more specific with your request for help.

you say you cant get the end time to function

Have you switched on the Auto date/time using the clock icon on the top left on the winlog screen just under file this can be toggled on/off

Please explane what you mean by For example, only two and two QSOs only will log.

Please let me know if any of this helps and i am happy to help you further should you need it

73 Keith Very happy Winlog32 user
K4FX
New user

Does Not Work!

Post by K4FX »

I couldn't agree more Keith,

I have seen time and time again people thinking there were problems *MYSELF BEING ONE OF THE WORST!* and there was the cockpit error coming out to bite once again, I am really gunshy about crying wolf when it comes to this program, cuz it's usually something I am doing wrong HI HI. Instead of saying it's not working, I have learned to ask what am I doing wrong :-)

In fact I have only had one "real" problem since 2001 with winlog and it was sorta of my own doing, I accidently entered a blank space in the solar data while doing a manual entry, and it locked it up and wouldn't function anymore, Colin had it fixed for me in less than 12 hours, and not only fixed my goof up, he corrected it where the problem wouldn't occur anymore. What more could a user ask for? And when you take in consideration this is freeware it makes the great support all the more amazing.

This is the most user-friendly, and efficient logging software there is. And the support of this group and Colin is the best, the ehams reviews are a good example, ONE negative review and I don't think he had the app installed correctly.
Bill K4FX
mcelmer1
New user

Does Not Work!

Post by mcelmer1 »

I'm using Windows XP, service pack 2. And my version of Winlog is the latest ( version 3.2.1) per Colin. I don't know how to word my problems more specifically. I read/write/speak, in addition to English, Modern Greek, French and Italian. So, I believe the problem(s) are specific. For example, clicking the END button does not log the End time. And yes, it is checked in the sub menu and is "on" Simply doesn't work like many other features. And no help from anyone, just praises for Winlog. The Log Page/Window, in the middle of the screen will only display two line entries. I can send you a screen shot; I sent several to Colin and another "expert" and no replies. Just praise for Winlog and the usual "read the Help" brochure.

W8TRN
GU6EFB
Keen user

Does Not Work!

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi W8TRN

Ok I think I know what is going on here.

Could you please send me your winlog config file found in C:\Program Files\Winlog32 and I will test it here for you.
Please also send a screen print of your problem if possible.

73 Keith GU6EFB

E-mail gu6efb@cwgsy.net
mcelmer1
New user

Does Not Work!

Post by mcelmer1 »

Like I said earlier, a lot of "this is the greatest" since sliced bread but only one concrete offer. I'm doing it all correctly, this program simply does not work.

W8TRN
GU6EFB
Keen user

Does Not Work!

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi W8TRN

Setting of end time works in 2 ways

1 if you have a green circle alongside the date field when you press end or enter it will automatically enter the end time in the log for you.

2 If the circle is not green you will need to manually enter the end time then press end and it will save the end time.

To size the log window put the mouse cursor on the bottom of the log window the mouse cursor will change to a double headed arrow right click on your mouse and drag the log window to whatever size you are happy with

73 Keith GU6EFB
mcelmer1
New user

Does Not Work!

Post by mcelmer1 »

Mate, the circle is green and "END" time does not work. It's as simple as that. And I've tried your other suggestion, no go.

W8TRN
mcelmer1
New user

Does Not Work!

Post by mcelmer1 »

Keith, did you get the config file I sent?

W8TRN
GU6EFB
Keen user

Does Not Work!

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Mike

Yes I have your file in my in box I will take a look later to day and get back to you.

73 Keith