DX Cluster Connection

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
Paul
New user

DX Cluster Connection

Post by Paul »

Hello to forum users,
Having problems connecting to any DX Cluster for spot reports.
Generaly use GB7MBC direct from that site, but not to sure what information is required with-in the Database DX Cluster menu settings to receive reports.

Any help please, Thanks..

Edited by - Paul on 05/02/2006 5:31:34 PM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX Cluster Connection

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Paul

Not sure if you want to use DXCluster via the internet or via radio packet cluster, Winlog32 needs third party software to connect to packet clusters.

For internet clusters there is a built-in telnet facility 'WLNET' - you need to select this option as host from the DXCluster options/settings which is accessed by maximising the DXCluster window and using the toolbar option.
Close DXCluster window and re-open to initiate WLNET, WLNET always starts up minimised so you will have to normalise the window to set itr up
You will need to use WLNET 'site manager' to select the Cluster (double-click it) of your choice.
Not sure if GB7MBC is listed in the site list, if you need that particular one then you will have to enter the parameters yourself but you could use one of the others in the list. Use the 'connect' toolbar button to get things going, once done and all relevant options are enabled WLNET will work quitely in the background providing the DXCluster spots for the DXCluster window and both will start-up automatically when you start Winlog32.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Paul
New user

DX Cluster Connection

Post by Paul »

Hi Colin,
Thanks for your time and assistance in pointing me in the right direction to get up and running.
It was DXCluster via the internet that I was trying to setup, I should have made myself more clear..
GB7MBC is not listed in site manager, but plenty others are, so I've made my selection and things are going very well..

Many thanks again Colin, Paul, M1ZXZ...
G0CUZ
Site Admin

DX Cluster Connection

Post by G0CUZ »

OK Paul

Not all DXClusters have an internet port but don't have the info on GB7MBC

The list is by no means complete, especially as more are coming online all the time.
If you have address and port of GB7MBC - I'll add it to the master database for the benifit of all.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author