Winlog32 improvments for next version

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog32 improvments for next version

Post by G0CUZ »

Despite my rather slow development progress during the Summer months (perhaps I have too many other interests?) I have still been working on Winlog32.
Not all changes at code level will be immediately apparent, but I am always striving to improve the software both programatically and operational.

Some of the changes at I have been making at code level have enabled me to expand some existing functions.

For the next versions the following changes have been made which will affect the way Winlog32 behaves and I hope the changes will be welcomed...

The 'Country Data Display' will now track any Log or Log Page changes, I have made this optional as it could cause a small time lag on slow computers as the Country data is always processed in real time from the Callsign.

The 'Country Data Display' will only follow the DXCluster spots when the Log is NOT in use (END button pressed - ready for new input).
Importantly the DXCluster DXCC and other alerts will now continue when the Log is in use, before these checks were only made when Log was ready for new input.

Prefix Checks will not affect the 'Country Data Display' as before when log is in use and will rely only on the pop-ups, display only used when log is not in use.

VHF Grid Locator checks will now rely on pop-ups when log is in use. The Locator pop-up has been improved and not only displays the Worked/Band/Comfirmed status but includes the QRB and QTF information for that Locator Grid.
Further to this, when the locator grid pop-up are processed fram a DXCluster spot (double-click), it will react to any two to<>from locators added to the spot information which is (should be!) common practice and process each in turn, where two locators are found it will also indicate the distance between the two locators as well as the usual from base locator - for the VHF op I can tell you this is proving very interesting and useful on my test set-up.

Most of the above changes have been made so that the Country Display will ALWAYS show data processed from the actual Log when log is in use, not from any other functions, when log is Not in use (END button pressed and waiting for new input) it will behave as before.

I am quite pleased with the changes and trust that everyone will be too.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author