Winlog email news mailings

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog email news mailings

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

Those registered Winlog32 users will know that I have occasionally send a bulk mailing with 'latest news and comments' etc, will also know that the mailings are now becoming less frequent, and I have now decided to abandon any such mailings in the future altogether.

There are few reasons for this decision....

1. The large number of returned mail because of email changes and spam filters and the consequential time consuming editing (usually deleting) of the email addresses.

2. As mentioned elsewhere, I am working towards Winlog32 updating semi-automatically in the future, from Winlog32 you will be able to directly enquire if updates are avaiable, or, if the option is enabled, will be automatically informed of any such available updates

3. The Winlog32 site is now pretty well settled and I will be continuing to register 'winlog32.co.uk' as the dedicated site for information and downloads, this being redirected to my pages and download area at 'blueyonder' which takes care of the main hosting and has proved very reliable with resonable bandwidth.

I hope this decision has not dissapointed too many, but as anyone who has ever contacted me via email knows, I will still be giving my excellent 'user' support directly, and the web site and Forum will continue to get priority attention.
Oh, yes, whist on the subject of email, maybe I am in the minority here, but I really LOVE getting email in boring old plain TEXT rather than any fancy HTML, any such mail is always converted back to text before reading and all outgoing mail is sent in plain text too.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author