MixW DDE Interface

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
g6fop
New user

MixW DDE Interface

Post by g6fop »

Hi Colin and all Winlog Users

I am curious as to why the MixW DDE Interface inserts the Name and QTH into the User Box in Winlog, but if I save the MixW Log as a ADIF Log and import the file, it puts the Name and QTH into the Remarkss Box, the DDE interface enters BPSK31 as the mode while the ADIF Log loads the mode as PSK31.

The reason I ask is that I use the User Box for the DXCC entity, and I have set the mode as PSK31.

73 es Good DX
Kevin
G6FOP

73es GDX
G0CUZ
Site Admin

MixW DDE Interface

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Kevin

Winlog32's MixW interface interpets the mode sent via DDE as-is, without conversion, thus BPSK31 = BPSK31.

I would suggest that you check the ADIF exported from MixW, you can open the ADIF file in an text editor, see if the mode as been exported by MixW as PSK31 (probably) or as BPSK31, as far as i can see there is no mode conversion in this respect in Winlog32 ADIF Import, so you may ned to take this up with the MixW people.
I seem to remember that there are some considerations with ADIF with BPSK31 and PSK31 - definately so with LoTW, I really don't know what some of these modes are all about - they seem to invent one with each piece of new software?

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g6fop
New user

MixW DDE Interface

Post by g6fop »

Colin
Thanks for the reply.

re modes, all part of the fun of Amateur Radio.

Kevin
G6FOP
73 es GDX