User Databases

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

User Databases

Post by G0CUZ »

Several guys have asked me to add further databases to track different awards, already Winlog32 has many such databases and its a some time and trouble to keep them up-to-date, so I am not too keen to add any more to the basic set.

However, for a long time I have thought of expanding the "USER" database to incorporate any number of individual award tables, I have decided to impliment this possibly for the next version depending on testers coming forward - testers must be familiar with the MS Access databases (Access 97 jet 3.5 only) and have some interest in tracking Awards or other interests with Winlog32, remember it's you who will be doing the work!

When I have this working satisfactory, it means that you the 'user' will be able to add as many external databases as you wish and they will be updated and tracked by Winlog32, as happens with the present fixed database set, you may share your user databases with other Winlog32 users if you wish.
n.B. There will be some restrictions with the database format to make this practical so you need to contact me first.

If you have any interest email me with your comments.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DK2PH
New user

User Databases

Post by DK2PH »

Hello,
please has someone already made a user database for the German DOK (Deutscher Ortsverbands Kenner)?
We have a lot of awards in Germany where the DOK is needed.
73 Jo, DK2PH