New user questions

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
Morseman
New user

New user questions

Post by Morseman »

Hi,

I've just started to try out Winlog and I have a few questions related to the way that I would like to use it as a logbook that might replace my paper and pen log. I will say that, so far, no electronic logging system has met my criteria for doing this.

What I want to be able to do is to log attempted QSOs with stations, where the communictation was incomplete, and to be able to log times when I'm calling CQ without them counting as completed contacts.

The problem I have is that any entry is treated as if it were a successful contact. So, CQ calls and calls to stations where the contact was incomplete, for instance Meteor Scatter Skeds, or incomplete exchanges (where not enough information was exchanged to qualify) show up as completed contacts. This makes the graphs meaningless as all the incomplete contacts and CQs mask the real contacts.

Is there a way to mark entries as either CQ or incomplete calls please?

I did look in the Help files and the FAQ, but could not see anything that addresses my questions.

Thanks for any help.

Dave (G0DJA)
VK6CJL
New user

New user questions

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi Dave,
If you put CQ in the callsign box with no other info it will
not register as a contact .. You could then put any other info in the
Remarks box.
I have tried CQ/EA7BA ( as an example ) this will register as a contact .
Try it If I remember the CQ is the only way around it.

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
Morseman
New user

New user questions

Post by Morseman »

Thanks for the advice Les,

I'll give that idea a go.

Dave (G0DJA)
G0CUZ
Site Admin

New user questions

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Dave

Updating the databases from the Log will rely on there being a Report entered into the "Report IN" field, keep this blank and make sure that the option in the Log Check Robot - "Ignor Empty Reports" is UN-CHECKED, now you will be prompted each time the log entry procedures find an empty "REPORT IN" field and will prompt whether the QSO is valid before any updating can take place.

This procedure takes the view that if no report was received the QSO is not completed or valid, you may want to record the report received with MS I know even if not completed, but some other way of recording the Report received can be used, I usually add a comment in Remarks, but in any case if the QSO is not valid - it doesn't really matter too much anyway!

P.S. If the LCR "Ignor..." Option IS enabled, Winlog32 will presume that any Callsign entered will be valid - yes there are guys who do not record reports exchanged in the Log.
CQ and any text which includes the word TEST in the Callsign field should be ignored anyway

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author