Winlog32 Help File in other languages

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Winlog32 Help File in other languages

Post by G0CUZ »

I have had several offers of help in translating the Winlog32 help file into other languages than English, and this help I readily accept, however it is not so straightforward as you may think.

Winlog32 uses the Windows style help file, these help files are compressed in a special format and use standard Windows run-times to show them on your screen.

The help file is actually written as HTML 'pages' with hyperlinks, the HTML file is then compressed and converted to the required format for Windows to display.

As of each version I am revising the help file to include any changes/additions with the new version (and aften re-writing older information too) and compiling the revision which is released with each update.

Anyone interested in translating the help file into other languages, will mean that I send you the current HTML file set, presently this runs to around 125 pages!

'HTML Workshop' is used to compile the HTML files into the required format, if you are familiar with 'HTML Workshop' or would like to learn and attempt this yourself that would be even better.

Alternativly I would have to compile the returned translated files myself, a problem exists if the returned files are not complete or if the hyperlinks have been changed or deleted, I fear this will be one big headache to sort out.

The requirements for translating Winlog32 help file:

The HTML file set (from me).
A suitable HTML editor (I use MS Frontpage) and some understanding of HTML
A good undersanding of Winlog32 functions and layout.
Plenty of free time (the original 'basic' help file took me three months to write!)

Desirable: A HTML compiler such as HTML workshop to complete the job.

I will try to contact all those who have already offered help in this respect and will make available the HTML help file(s) in zip format, I will send the file to those interested with absolutely no obligation to complete any translation.

Any successful translation will of course receive due credit.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author