eQSL real time uploads

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

eQSL real time uploads

Post by G0CUZ »

A new feature I am working on at the moment is a real time eQSL upload of individual QSO data.

Of course you will have to be connected to the internet at the time of logging for this feature to be available, but as internet usage is ever increasing then I have decided to make this available in a future relase of Winlog32.

With the option enabled the upload will take place in the background and will be virtually transparent to the user.

You will need to be a registered user of eQSL services, and an eQSL username and password must be entered into Winlog32 to enable this function - the username and password must be sent to eQSL with each upload so there is no way around that.
Now here lies the difficulty for me, do I prompt you for your eQSL username and password or maybe just the password each time starting Winlog32 with this option enabled or do I save it with the other data in the ini file.

I am not at all happy about saving the password un-encripted in the ini file, and to encript/de-encript the password would be a complication. Apart from this, if there is more than one user of a particular Winlog32 installation then incorrect QSO data could be sent

Simple solution for me is to save the username and prompt for the password each time you start Winlog32 with this function enabled.

Another situation could be caused when using multiple logs or databases but by the same user.

If you are a regular user of eQSL, and I know that a number of Winlog32 users are, perhaps you would like to make some comments and guidance here to help steer me in the right direction.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author