winlog32 and wsjt

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
VE3CGA
New user

winlog32 and wsjt

Post by VE3CGA »

hi all, great program
I'm wondering if winlog32 has to be running before wsjt will add to the log
It does update the log if winlog32 is running but I thought it would do this even if the program was closed
I seem to remember the icon on the task bar blinking after the request to log in wsjt

I have checked the firewall in win7 and winlog is allowed for public and private networks
wsjt and winlog both have the same port # 2237 and both are enabled
however the address box is clear in the winlog udp but wsjt shows as 127.0.0.1 and I get replys when I ping that address
cant enter anything in the address box in winlog

thanks, Bob VE3CGA
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: winlog32 and wsjt

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bob

Yes, Winlog32 MUST be running if you want to log the QSO in Winlog32 from WSJT-X as it uses a UDP port which a connection can only exist if the programs are running.

WSJT/WINLOG32 will 'talk' as long as both programs are running on the same machine, the address of 127.0.0.1, is the address for the 'local' machine, so this does NOT need setting in Winlog32 as it defaults to this address.

I think WSJT-X will still log QSOs to it's own log database when Winlog32 is NOT running, however there is no retrospective synchronisation between these logs.

Hope this helps you understand

73 Colin
G0CUZ
VE3CGA
New user

Post by VE3CGA »

thanks Colin. I dont know why I thought it was being updated when it wasnt running, could have sworn I saw the little icon in the task bar blinking after a FT8 contact.

anyway It does work perfect when both are running

its a great program, runs without worry and moved the database easily from my old xp machine to this win7 box

73's & thanks, Bob VE3CGA
KI4WCQ
Keen user

Post by KI4WCQ »

I just stumbled over the automatic log population from the WSJT-X to Winlog32. Wish I had found it a thousand QSOs ago!

Anyway, what a nice feature of Winlog32.

Johnny KI4WCQ
G6KHW
New user

Post by G6KHW »

Hi All,
I am successfully using Winlog32 with WSJT-X on my laptop which is working very well and I whish to keep that working.
My question is that I have now got a copy of WSJT-X running on a Raspberry Pi connected to a different radio.
Currently I have to manually add the contacts. This is a bit of a pain and time consuming.
Is there a way that I may have Winlog32 collecting data from the Raspberry Pi as well as my laptop?

Thanks for a really super program Colin
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Sorry I missed this post,

As-is Winlog32 will only receive data from WSJT-X running on the local machine although it can handle multiple UDP ports, the address is set at local machine 127.0.0.1

I would have to look into this for you.

73 Colin
G0CUZ