Icon missing in windows 7

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
g7lrr
New user

Post by g7lrr »

Hi Colin

Once again let me start by say what program it just keeps growing am using it now for contest work also magic.

With that said i have noticed not a bug as such but after the last update i lost the ICON for the program, i am sure you have pickup on this but thought i would drop post just incase.

Also Colin can you see you ever making winlog32 work over a network and share the databases for logging, We are looking into the logger for our Radio Club but working over a network is a must.

Regards
Andy G7LRR

100% user of winlog32
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Andy

I think the icon problem should be fixed in the release (soon)

Regarding networking, I did some experimentation in the early days and found a lot of limitations and problems and due to lack of interest at the time, did no further work on it.

I am not sure how a multi-user interface can be sucessfully implimented, it gets complicated, I am hopeing that something could be done in the future and I will be experimenting next year, but it isn't an easy job.

Unfortunately Winlog has been around a long time (since 1996), it would have been an easy task had it been designed in recent times and around a multi-user environment but in those days there was no really point.

73 Colin, G0CUZ