A little promotion?

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

A little promotion?

Post by G0CUZ »

Hey guys

Its been around 12 years since I introduced Winlog32, before that I spent around 3 years on it's predecessor during which time I developed many of the databases and tested ideas for Winlog32.

At an early stage I realised that it would be an impossible task to please everyone all of the time, and as such I have developed Winlog32 to my own personal preference but have always taken into consideration other users requirements and ideas along the way. Ham radio is a technical hobby, so in developing Winlog32 I take this into account rather than produce something childproof.

Winlog32 will not fulfill everyones logging needs and of course there is much good ham logging software available both free and at a premium.

I have never bothered to advertise or promote Winlog32 during this time as it is not commercial software, relying on hams to spread the word if they so wish.
I do feel that some may be missing out on trying Winlog32, I judge this by the number of new users emailing me saying "great - why didn't I try Winlog32 before I purchased xxxlog" etc.

Perhaps current users could take the time to visit eHam log software reviews and add some comments on Winlog32 (either good or not good!) or just rate it, several users (perhaps some non-users) have done this already, and Winlog32 is generally quite well received.

I do accept that there will always be the a few who can not get along with the software, either because it doesn't work like their old logger did, has limitations or complications, or just can't find out how to use it at all, nothing to do about it - if all loggers worked the same then we would need/use only one, wouldn't that be boring.....

The eham link is

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1345

Thank you to all those have supported Winlog32 and for the kind comments.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author