Paper Logs to Winlog

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
W6FG
New user

Paper Logs to Winlog

Post by W6FG »

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone has attempted to type in all their past paper logs. I have started to do this with several other programs but never have followed through. I'm just now trying out Winlog and I'd like to know if anyone has entered a few, or possibly all, logbooks into Winlog and how that effort went. Thanks for any replies.

Ross
W6FG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Paper Logs to Winlog

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Ross

I have not managed to find an easy way to do this!!!!

I originally had to convert my previous paper logs to Winlog32 - right at the beginning of development - one of the initial criteria was to make this as simple as possible - as I didn't like the prospect either, also Winlog32 was developed to make changing from paper logging to computer logging as painless as possible as this is exactly what i was doing at the time.

Well 15 years on from the original idea for Winlog32, I have not completed the task hi! but I'm back to about 1992 - still with another 10 years of intensive activity to get off paper - there just isn't any interesting way but when i have nothing else to do - I do a bit more.

Here are a couple of tips...

There is an option 'Keep Date Current' when activated will auto-insert the date from the previously entered one - it just saves a bit of time.

If there are any repetitive things that you need to enter into 'Remarks' use the programmable function keys - I found this particularly useful for adding something like "QSL Via" or "IOTA"

Lastly - you can enter previous QSO anytime in the future, does not have to be continuous, as Winlog32 will sort all entered by Date/Time as default BUT if you need to find the last 'lot' of entered QSOs - you can change the sort order of the Log to QSONO -this is in the order they are actually entered into the log regardless of Date.
In my case I enter QSOs in reverse order, going backward through the log so oldest logged QSO is always the last one that I have entered and will be at the beginning of the Log.

Most of these things are options and can be found (strangely enough) in Menu/Options/Settings.

Hope this helps

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author