WL32 v.4.6.2

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
OZ2HT
New user

WL32 v.4.6.2

Post by OZ2HT »

v.4.6.2

It was not my attentions to border the forum with my opinion on the behavior of this update of WL32 , but as I already have giving my "complains" to Colin , and he find them "quite normal" , and he give me " please feel free to open a discussion on the Forum" - so here we are :-)

System:
Vista X64
I have ALL inside the WL32 Window

Cluster Window:
This is now ON TOP of WL32 , no matter what you do , it will be on top ... if you want to se your Database DXCC , the Cluster is right over the page :-(
Please , I know I can Minimize it , move it , and lot of other thing ... but that was not necessary before this update.
Also the Color and the Shadow around the Cluster Window is new - That might be a minor thing for some - but again , it is a pain in my eyes...

QRZ Online:
If you use this feature , you might have notice that you now have to move you Curser back to WL32 Input window.
The curser is hanging in the QRZ Window , and only lopping with the use of Enter on keyboard. You cant get back on the Input window of WL32 with the use of TAB - only way is to use your mouse , and if you don't do that in the right time , the QRZ Window close again.
That was not the case before ...first Enter after putting in a Callsign ,opened the QRZ Window , and then you just keep on using Enter to go down the Input page of WL32.
Fast , smooth and problem free ...

My opinion is , that WL32 may have priority , and not the "slave programs".

Have a great day !

Vy 73 de jorn
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

WL32 v.4.6.2

Post by DL4KG »

OZ2HT wrote:

Cluster Window:
This is now ON TOP of WL32 , no matter what you do , it will be on top ... if you want to se your Database DXCC , the Cluster is right over the page :-(

This is also true for my rig control window. I would like it the same way as Jorn. WL32 main program should have priority!

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
F5JSD
New user

WL32 v.4.6.2

Post by F5JSD »

Good morning,

As previously discussed with Colin privately since release 4.5.1, I also find that having the Dxcluster window always on top is a pain as it needs to be minimized every time you want to open an ancillary database.

I understand that the retionale behind this change is to allow users with 2 screens to move the cluster window on the second screen. I would probably find it useful as well if I had two screens. Maybe an idea could be to have a selectable option in settings to allow or not the cluster window to always be on top.

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
André
New user

WL32 v.4.6.2

Post by André »

Well I run winlog mainly on a ten year laptop 24/7 with win98, which has a small screen max 800x600. I was very happy with old layout.

But I can't stop progress and one of these days this laptop will stop working.

73 André pe1hwo
F5JSD
New user

WL32 v.4.6.2

Post by F5JSD »

Thanks Colin for providing v4.7.1 and considering reverting the behaviour of the cluster wiondow back to its original state :-)

Working Flawlessly here.

73 de Pascal - F5JSD